Thread: My bad day....
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GettingBy

I like your response Gelfling... it's about about a change in perspective. All things do happen for a reason, and though we may not see it right now, eventually it will make sense. I like the bit about getting behind someone going slow! I used to get so mad too, and end up driving like a raving lunatic. Now I see it as God's way of telling me "Slow down! Danger ahead!"... danger can either be a speeding ticket, an accident, a missed turn/exit, or a missed opportunity to sit back and be peaceful! I especially like the last "danger"... I find that I get myself so worked up and over anxious when I'm trying to "force" things (force conversations, resolutions, spending time with my husband, etc). When I relax and let things happen, I have much more peace and happiness.

Also, I don't beat myself up over "what ifs" (like what if I had gotten the passport out earlier, what if I had not over slept, what if I hadn't been speeding) because it does me no good. The choice was made (whether I realized it or not!) and all I can do is accept the outcome. Again, all things for a reason. I look back over life and I see that I've made some pretty "bad" choices... that led me down some of the most incredible journeys!

I hope your day gets better Katie... I hope you get to see some beautiful flowers and maybe enjoy a breathtaking sunset!