View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sleepbetteray

Originally Posted by ClimbingUP View Post
I got my first DUI over the summer, although it was hardly the first time I'd driven drunk. I've struggled since then to stop drinking, and I know that I'm on the road to recovery. The problem, however, is that my license was suspended at the time of the arrest (for non-payment of fines) so it looks like I'm going to be found guilty and will be going to jail. I feel like such an idiot and a loser right now. Especially since I'm finishing up a master's degree and will be looking for new employment within the next 5-6 months. I had wanted to enroll in a teacher certification program, but I don't think I qualify with a DUI. I had no idea how many negative ramifications came with a DUI.

Does anyone have any experience getting a job after being arrested (and convicted) of DUI?
I work for a pre-employment background screening company. Virtually all the companies I work with, unless the role has a specific driving requirement they typically aren't worried about DUIs. Particularly if it's just one.

If I were you, I would pursue opportunities outside of jobs that require you to drive a company vehicle or that's not regulated by the DOT. (Assuming you are in the U.S.)

Were you convicted in the county you live in?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck