Thread: I apologize.
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serenidad

I apologize.

I haven't posted here in a little while. I wanted to apologize for getting so defensive about many of your replies to my thread a few weeks ago. I know you were all just desperately trying to help me (and HAVE been for the last year since my relapse) and I just wasn't ready to hear the TRUTH.

I had to go to an extremely dark place of anxiety, depression, aloneness and suicidal thoughts to finally get to a point where I was willing to make a change. I am doing much better now and finally have started to put some sober days together.

The cravings have been very hard but I just keep remembering what you guys have said in the past: "as long as you don't drink, each craving will get easier and eventually they will go away!" Drinking is a "dead end road" for me. I never want to go back. Going back would be like choosing to go back to hell. :-(

God bless you guys for all of your help and unconditional love in the past. Again, I'm sorry if I was rude. This disease (when active) makes me crazy. Another reason why I am never going back....24 hours at a time!

Xo