View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
SilentCinemaFan

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
SFC - I don't think you will have to worry about Thanksgiving this year with the relatives! Boy I hate that when I would open my drunk mouth to people. My sister used to say (or write), "Are you drinking again". She's kind of a nut herself tho!
Yeah I think I'll take up the invite to go have Thanksgiving at my uncle and aunt from my dad's side of the family this year. I always found Thanksgiving so incredibly awkward anyway with my aunts and cousins that I only saw once a year. When I think of all those mean things, some of them were incredibly inappropriate of course but there were a few things I said that were sadly true even though I vehemently apologized for in my email to them. I always wanted to vent out my frustrations with them, obviously not in that extreme way of course, but I guess one thing I can take away from this mistake is at least I got a few things out that I would have liked to have said to them sober. I do think I'm going to take a break from Facebook for a while. I think there's a way to briefly remove your account and then reactivate it at some point. I can use instagram to satisfy my social media needs. I just need to focus on myself and my goal of going to grad school. At this point, nothing else matters except for that and of course my sobriety which I'm finally going to take seriously. I could either feel bad today about my FB messenger incident or I can make today the beginning of the rest of my life.