View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Happy birthday Scram (I think). Glad IOP helped. Keep us posted please.

SFC - I don't think you will have to worry about Thanksgiving this year with the relatives! Boy I hate that when I would open my drunk mouth to people. My sister used to say (or write), "Are you drinking again". She's kind of a nut herself tho!

Bob - thanks for the link! The last 5-10 years I've been thinking a lot about alcohol and cancer. It's just ludicrous to pour ethanol down your throat! And yet for so many years I have done this. An uncle of mine told me my grandfather and great uncle died of esophagus cancer and throat cancer. I never knew either one of them. I made a list of hereditary things when I had my annual doctors visit prolly five years ago. His comment was "Some of this can be avoided". Wouldn't you think I'd get a clue and STOP! Nope. I have pains/odd feelings from my throat on down. I have mild Antral/Antrum? Gastritis which was discovered in another test involving my hyatic (sp?) hernia/schlazic ring. I think you said you have gastritus too. I think you mentioned a sharp pain in your belly. Of course I have to google my symptoms and the sharp pain was mentioned with "chronic" gastritus. If you weren't the person who mentioned some if this then oops sorry! If you were then how's it going? I'm trying to get some time under my belt before I go in for my physical. Cancer scares me as it's prevalent in my family! Yikes! My husband said last winter (as I was having a hard time swallowing) it's like pouring gasoline down your throat! He's right!
I liked the end of that article where it said they are trying to make a pill that mimics alcohol but doesn't have the bad affects! I'd like that. Thanks for the link again. Mo please!!

Allen Carr book - real good common sense read. Read and then drink! Doesn't make much sense!

Troy - I posted a pill earlier that my husband started taking. It is for foot neuropathy. He swears by it and he hates pills. Also his doctor told him an ingredient to buy from the pharmacy for neuropathy. Any pharmacist can tell you. I don't have the pill bottle in front of me but go back to my earlier post and google it. It comes right up. Not cheap tho. Foot neuropathy I THINK ties into diabetes.

Have a great day all. Great, active chain here.

Olivia