View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
SilentCinemaFan

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Hmm..I think probably all of us can relate to saying/sending things we later regret when we've been drinking...from slightly icky feelings to deeply shameful. Not comfortable and sometimes excruciating. But it sounds like you handled it immediately and really well.
When I'm not drinking, I tend to be a very diplomatic person and took a course on peace psychology at my University.

It doesn't matter when you have resolution of conflict skills handy. At the end of the day, you hurt their feelings and they may believe "the truth" came out through the alcohol. I did my best to explain in the email that there was most certainly an "origin" of those pent up emotions where I did feel insecurities and wondered what those relatives thought of me. I went on to say as a result, those kernels ended up popping into extreme disrespectful comments that were insulting.

My main objective now is to move on and take better care of myself and take it one day at a time. I have a lot of support from my dad's side of the family in case my mom's side of the family officially blackballs me.