View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
SilentCinemaFan

Well I seem to have made a mess of things today. I succumbed drinking alcohol last night and ended on Facebook(bad idea) in which case I thought it would be a great idea to message my cousin(very bad idea) at like 5:00AM. I woke up around 3PM today and knew right away that I said a lot of bad crap so I went to look at the messages and automatically sent a reply to her saying how terrible I feel about insulting her and her mom and that I would send a formal email later on with a more detailed explanation. She hasn't responded to me yet. Basically from reading the exchange, I came off as mostly annoying in the beginning and not insulting, innocently sharing music videos from youtube. After several minutes she replied basically telling me stop sending messages and because I was so drunk, of course I took it to mean something offensive and from there generated this long rant that was insult after insult. I sent her an email later on with apologies to the incident and that the healing relationship process will take a long while but at least this email can be a start towards something more positive. I'm happy to say that I won't be doing that ever again since I am not going to drink. the damage has been done though so I think I'm still feeling embarrassed. These are family members I rarely see, maybe once a year for Thanksgiving and I think the origin of the insults stemmed from the complicated estranged relationship I have with them. Doesn't excuse the behavior of course but I think I can point out the origins. Anyway, I just wanted to share.