View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RedManc7

Cheers Marcus and Incontrol - appreciate it. Marcus especially - when I was in the midst of my doomed attempts a year/18 months back to give up he called me out when I was kidding myself and trying to kid everyone on here. You can't kid a kidder as they say. I didn't always take it well (addiction by its nature makes truth and honesty awkward) and although I attempted to defend my position id always end up ruminating about the hole Id dug for myself.
Appreciate the honesty - I know I sound harsh to some people maybe who trying to quit now it's just I feel better placed to read between the lines of comments and sense when people still aren't quite ready to let go of their DOC.
Everyone has their own journey to go on but its never an edifying experience to literally be at the ole live or die stage before waking up to yourself.
Been clean is a zillion times better than heroin addiction - needing something that you resent and hate isn't a good thing. For me i descended into full blown addiction as it meant not dealing with my emotions. That's an ongoing challenge but it sure beats addiction. good luck everyone and thanks y'all especially Marcus, Dee, Gnarly, chasing et al. At my weakest your words could make or break my mindset that day. Just as it's hard to convey the feeling you get when you first take heroin, it's hard to convey how much I appreciate your support in getting away from it. Keep the faith X