View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Free2B84

Originally Posted by natalie661 View Post
Hi everyone. I joined this site earlier this week. I've pretty much became an alcoholic as soon as I was old enough to go buy it at age 21 and since then probably hasn't been longer than a week I've been able to go without getting blackout drunk. The past 3 months have really been me coming close to rock bottom. I had a terrible binge where I was drunk from Friday through Tuesday. I've pretty much spent the past 2 days coming out of my drunken haze/hangover and although I've made promises to myself to quit in the past I am really at a point now where I know if I keep drinking I am going to lose everything... but here I am 2 days later now that the embarrassment & guilt have worn off feeling myself craving another drink... does anyone else have that pattern of as soon as you start feeling 'ok' again those urges come back?
It's crazy how even after the worse hangover & depression over a weekend binge goes away, I would some how forget it very quickly when the next invite to drink came around. Not this time, I remind myself daily of that last crazy drunk. Day 17 here, you can do it too!