View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
brightlight
brightlight

My husband quit for 7 and has been back at it for 3 years. He used to drink every now and then or on the weekends, but this last year he has really changed. He is drinking almost daily. I would get mad and have a fit and that would stop him for maybe 3 days or so and then he would drink again. I quit yelling and he goes to the bar daily. It is beer and he comes home and he used to take a shower, but now he does not even change his clothes. He has come in the door and only made it to the couch. Sleeping in his boots with his coat on. He knows he cannot afford to drink whiskey, so he is drinking beer. When he drinks whiskey, I think it scares him how he feels, so he only does that very rarely. I can control the spending some because I work too. I am taking care of me because somebody has to be here for the kids. He is going down. When, I do not know, but he is changing in body and mind. Only hope I have is that he will stop before it is too late. I have found out that when he goes to the bar and I do not say anything about it that day or the next, then he starts talking like he is going to quit. No fun, if I am not upset. We visited with his family over the weekend and he drank beer in front of me and I never said a word. I was nice and happy as could be. When we got home I just went on and did what I needed to do and actually forgot about him and was doing other things. He said he was going to the bar and off he went. No yelling or anything. He came home and I was as nice as pie to him. This morning he is talking about starting an exercise program, but I have heard this before. When nobody is worried about him or talking about his drinking then he does not want to do it. I reread my post here and I am not doing it just for my kids. I am tired of being tired and I am tired of being sad, so I am doing it for me too. Sorry you are having to go through this.