View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ThursdayNight

[QUOTE=Ginamarie323;5477933]Why must you all talk of food now? I'm going to have to order something and I blame you all! I've been on a kick lately of eating ice cream Drumsticks. It has got to stop. I've had 3 already today. And yes, Sagi, I get extremely irritable and bitchy sometimes....like last night, when I had a long, irritating deposition all flipping day. [ /QUOTE]

Crankiness - X check
Ice Cream Obsession - X check

I am definitely finding myself more irritable at cocktail hour. I can feel it on my face even. Now Pellegrino with crushed mint and lemon is my "cocktail" when home from work. I want wine, of course. But I find that after that first glass of my new cocktail, I am a bit calmer. If I'm really cranky I'll eat Rocky Road ice cream, right out of the container.

I have a rocking chair on the front porch and I'll just sit there and rock and eat ice cream. That definitely helps.

I think I'm the only one who quits alcohol and gains weight.

Gina, I also work in legal and during the day there is so much to do at the office, that I never think about alcohol. The moment I walk in the door at home, however, it's a different story. Wine was my reward at the end of the day, a way to compartmentalize. But I have to say it's getting easier.

The rewards of not drinking are so much greater than the fleeting "high" from drinking.

No longer do I wake up in the middle of the night with anxiety, self-loathing, and an impending feeling of doom. No longer do I sit on my couch with my morning coffee, trying to piece together the events of the night before.

Life is so much better sober. And yes there are difficult moments, but somehow the universe is with me on this try and is getting me through it.