Thread: SR yes, AA no
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

This is how I see my situation now after 2.5 years. Feel free to call me out if you see a flaw in my logic, I can take it. To me accepting that I am an alcoholic means that I have to accept that I have no choice and this is the way it is. I feel like if I accept that I cannot drink than the problem of alcoholism goes away. As long as my drinking days are behind me so are my alcoholism days.

I don't think of myself as an alcoholic at all, recovered or recovering. I see myself as one of the 50% of people my age who just doesn't drink. My husband is a normie and he doesn't drink because it makes him tired, gives him a headache, doesn't want to feel like crap the next day,,,etc. I don't think drinking is worth it because it turns me into a lunatic. If I drink I have to trade everything I have and everything I am to do so. The consequences far out shadow the possible benefits. I actually don't see ANY upside to it at all. Of course it took me some time to get to the point where I can think rationally about it. I will never keep whiskey in the house or put my self in a risky situation because I have no interest in testing my beyond sober theory. I don't think I am invincible or anything like that but I do trust myself that I will stick with my choice. Is that an alcoholic?