View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tooshabby

All coffeed-up. Freezing but beautiful day down here in NZ.
DD, your dogs sound gorgeous. Last night I had a rare, lucid dream and spent time with my fox terrier, Martin (a.k.a. Boo), who passed on last year. It was sooooo lovely. I miss him so much. Talk about naughty...O.m.g! A senile old dog sounds hilarious and adorable.
One on one counselling is a superb idea, guys.
Troy - I'm one of those weird, 'healthy' (ex)-drinkers too. I think we're trying to tell ourselves something?
Great success, Margaux. Sounds like your friend is pretty attached to drinking too and you may be a positive influence.
That 'drinking wine is good for you' bollocks....makes you wonder if moderate drinkers aren't more deluded than we have been in the past!
Angd, I totally get the 'can't live two lives and be an inspiration' feeling. My drinking has made me feel like a total fraud in my profession. I'm sick of it impairing how I feel about myself and therefore how helpful I can be to others. Done and dusted (please God). You are so right Sadie about how much harder giving up must have been pre-internet. The support is amazing.
Hi John, Jillian, and Amanda! John, you can trust us to help you out with that :-)
Congrats everyone on your posted victories!
Hope things are going well for you Casey and Frank.
As you can see I have a bit of time to read and post...that's because I face-planted into a brick wall last weekend and am off work. I'm making the most of it!
xxx