Old 07-22-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Scram

- First of all, I can absolutely relate. I'm a fairly high level professional and both myself and my colleagues have made similar mistakes. It's one of the biggest downsides of the digital age

- Second, it was an honest mistake. We have all made them. What I have found is I can address them if I take honest, immediate action. Or, I can make them exponentially worse if I attempt to cover up, lie, or put off explaining what has taken place. Worst case, and this is very worst case, you have to kick in some of your own money. That absolutely sucks, but it's over and done. You drink over this, you are adding much more serious problems into the fold. Way more serious than what you're dealing with now.

- Lastly, I am going to tell you something that is a true story. My boss sent a photo of his private parts to one of our most important clients. It was meant for his significant other. Even worse, it had some odd message included like, "Thinking about you, babe." Funny story now, but was a serious, monumental mistake at the time. And even that mistake was forgiven. So at least you're not that guy.