Old 07-22-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

I've made an enormous mistake, help me stay calm

I am NOT going to drink over this, it will in no way make it better. I know this. But I am having a hard time staying calm and am very afraid my nerves will try and trick me into making the poor decision to turn to alcohol.
I f'd up BAD at my job. It was a simple, honest, slight of hand mistake on a text message confirming the rental of a house (I manage vacation properties). I put in the dates August 3-11, but it should have been 3-14. We are now double booked for the dates of the 11th-13th.
This is a major villa, major money in a highly sought out place. I have no idea if this can be resolved without major anger on the part of those affected (rightfully so!) or without me having to come out of pocket to change flights/villas. I am SICK. In all my years of doing this work, even while drunk! I have never had this happen. Never. I wasn't even drunk, it was just a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake. I should look over everything I send carefully. I just really messed up. I have to stay calm. Drinking will not make this better, it will only make it a LOT worse. I feel horrible and terrified.