View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I like that not every other debit transaction is not from the liquor store. I used to have this fear that somebody like a mortgage company would require three bank statements or something like that.

I can totally relate. Seriously. Every other one of mine was too. That's because I was caught up in the game of buying small, knowing i was slowly killing myself, so I'd buy in small quantities. But once you take that first drink, the drink takes you (back to the store without shame).

Another: I don't miss pre gaming when meeting friends for dinner, then appearing to drink normally at the table, then sneaking off to the bathroom multiple times to take a nip from my half pint/pint in my purse.

Related: Don't miss dreading when the food was coming because it would lessen my abilities to get my drunk on. I'd time my "bathroom" breaks. Once when we first got there and then as soon as I saw the food coming or knew it was coming, I'd go again and take some major swigs. I'm sure the people we were with thought it was really odd for someone my age to need to use the bathroom so much, sometimes up to four times.

Not going to all day events with my family and it being impossible to sneak out, going through mini-withdrawals, and having to throw up in public restrooms.

Taking bags with in the car at the very end to throw up in, on the way to the liquor store, because withdrawal started quicker and quicker by the moment.

This one is embarrassing. Going to people's houses, casually drinking those one two glasses of wine, but then going to their liquor collection and taking sips since they were two rooms away. Never got caught on that one. Only did it a few times, but how pathetic is that?

Not moving furniture and my husband finding half pints under a couch that sits on the floor.

Don't miss going into the gas station while the husband pumped gas and having such high anxiety and watching him like a hawk while I quickly transacted for a half-pint or pint. Then I'd go into the bathroom to get my drink on. He never did walk in, but I'd usually do it at gas stations where I knew I could see him from the window. I knew the ones they sold at and the view they provided, so I would say i needed to go to a certain gas station because I liked their coffee. I remember nearly exploding the one time he wanted to go to a liquor free gas station, not that he knew either way, but I did. His reasoning is that it was on the side of the road we were on but I knew it was dry. I insisted we go to the one across the street and used some excuse about how I knew that inside (the one that sold liquor) had such and such that I needed so bad. Maybe advil? It was all a lie, like everything. The thing they had that I needed was the half pint.