View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JerryFish

Originally Posted by RonMedford View Post
Absolutely I do! Thanks for the welcome, JerryFish The need to change my ways is very clear to me and is quite a motivational statement. I am somebody who obsesses with new processes/goals once I truly internalize them and claim them as my own, and this is one that I really want and need.

My current fool-proof plan is to not drink (fool-proof was said tongue-in-cheek). I know going forward that I will have my wife's support because she at least knows the physical issues I have when I do drink. I don't think I will have any detractors around me...and my son and I play horse until bed time so I have a great evening distraction
Sounds good! It's obvious you're very motivated. And having your wife's support is very valuable!

I always recommend anyone who wants to quit to contact their doctor about it and tell them everything. They can offer a lot of help if you need it. And if you don't, it's still good that they know about it.

What's your situation? How much and how often did you drink? Have you quit already or are you going to soon?

EDIT: Woops, I missed that you're on day 2. Great going! How are you feeling?