View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I can relate to every word. Especially with the not paying bills part. You're right. Even looting in to pay a simple bill seemed like a monumental task. How about the times when you remember at 10 pm that the bill is due and then, ten or so drinks in, trying to remember the password.

Also relate to the tolerance getting so huge that I could walk straight and carry on a conversation after 12 drinks. I imagine the reality of what I looked and sounded like was very different than I imagined. To a sober person I must have looked like a comatose mess. I've noticed that drunk people are soooooo easy to spot when you are legitimately, stone cold sober. Wow. And all those Kate night phone calls I made......oh my god.

Like you, everything is better now and I am now paying my bills on time.
Even sober, I can't remember all those passwords. Sigh. I have to reset them all the time. Too many accounts, too many slight variations on my password. But no, I get the general sense. Opting to take a late fee rather than even trying.

In the last two days, I've done about 20 tasks that went neglected for months just because I couldn't do them. Didn't want to. Had no motivation.

Posting dramatic Facebook messages at night and being unable to erase them the next morning because then everyone would know they were drunken messages. instead, I'd rush for the bottle because then I felt better about them and eventually, after two or three shots, felt that they were warranted and fine.

Waking up after making a fool of yourself and hearing from your husband that people were giving you strange looks. He exaggerates and was sick and tired of it, but I'm sure it happened to some extent.