Old 07-21-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Deer. Bunnies. The curses of the home garden. We have a bunch of both around here. When I was on the Homeowners Board I kept saying "No!" to the requests for a garden plot on property. Now that I'm not on the board I would like to have one, but I wasn't about to be the one who had to deal with all the griping and the maintenance. You know the homeowners wouldn't do it. Or should I say, I know they wouldn't. I've lived here for 23 years now.

I went to the Safeway earlier and they had lost power. That's a lot of food to lose when the power is out. All their frozen and dairy stuff...why don't big stores have backup diesel or gas generators? Seems logical. Oh, well. I just bought some veggies and bolted. Warm yogurt and frozen chicken that is thawing didn't sound that safe to me, Safeway. I imagine there will be some legal wrangling. The General Manager is on holiday. LOL. He knows how to plan a vacation, right?

I ate a huge plate of chicken tostada with beans and avocado and all that other stuff, and now I'm stuffed. The good news is I didn't buy ice cream. . .or sweet nutty chocolate soup, as it were.