View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
JL2014

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
JL, not sure if I should say this or not, but you seem to be under an immense amount of stress, and finances seem to play a big part in that. If I remember correctly, you mentioned a while ago you recently bought a new car due to pressure from your wife, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there any chance you could maybe downsize your life a little? My oldest brother was always extremely stressed out until he had enough. Then him and his wife decided to downsize for the sake of the family. They sold the house, bought and moved into a smaller house, sold one of their vehicles, etc. He now seems to be 1000x happier than he was previously.
Thanks Troy,
I think my biggest gripe is having a wife 12 yrs younger, so she's going to have to learn to take her own licks about going without and losing an expensive junk car to the repo/bank. There is absolutely nothing I could say or do to make/help/whatever- her avoid it.
I just hate it because she and I are wired differently on things. (She's not an alcoholic- I am). I pay things off asap and bills likewise, but she grew up in a family that has lived their whole lives "robbing peter to pay Paul", so that's what she does.
Working together for us, means separate checking accounts. I on the other hand have got to let go of a lot of stuff, yet not overdo it's to blow money. Downsizing is a good idea, indeed.
We just happen to be at the bottom end of most options, so there's not much to cut. It's not so so bad, I just am finding that even though I may not be drinking all the time, I still have meltdowns. I was livid the other day, but I can laugh today at the "troubles", I had the other day.
I'm 44, and just got done running trees through a chipper all day and hauling load after load. Even the 20-somethings were sick from the heat. Legs are wobbly, but I'm still walkin, no hangover, and still have 2 jobs. I've never held 2 jobs this long
My 2 yr old son keeps turning the dam- refrigerator temp knob down so I'm happily expecting ICE in my grapefruit juice I've started trying to drink. It ain't my thing, but I'm a tryin !