View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
nyala

Thank you everyone -

I think Troy put it quite beautifully in the first reply - Troy can I employ you as a speechwriter, or my official spokesman?

Yes, Mrs F has of course noticed, and I have vocalised the "I'm not drinking" words, but left it at that... not wishing to complete the sentence with "... and I'm getting help to make sure I never drink again". It was that last bit I have been struggling with.

On balance, I think it will be healthier for me to be honest about what I am trying to do here. Its a big deal and we should be sharing it.

The initial reaction doesn't matter, what matters ( as you have all elegantly pointed out ) is me seeing it through and demonstrating my new sober ways each day.

Generally, I tend to stick to the Class of June with my posts, but it is great to put something out there in this forum and hear from other SR people. Thank you for your support

Fradley

PS SansaS - Women know everything ? Looking back on my life, I think you could be on to something there. Suddenly everything makes sense !