View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
PixieD

Good morning Angie.. Congrats on 12 weeks!

I get caught up as well making future plans which plenty of times let me down & would send me to wine! It's been only 65 days for me & i didnt plan to quit either. I just woke up that painful morning & said i couldnt keep living like this, couldnt keep killing myself slowly & the people around me. The hardest thing i've had to start learning is to just live day by day. Take each day, hour as it comes. Last week was my 60 days. I had so much excitement planned in my head that when the actual day came i just felled like crap. So i've had to stop stressing on the future or i'm afraid it could lead to a drink. I've stopped counting ahead because those numbers would then have me start planning things ahead of time that really weren't important today. Like i said, i didnt plan to quit drinking, & i plan EVERYTHING, but i know i never ever want to pick up another drink . You actually sound just as afraid as i do of slipping up so hopefully that fear alone will keep you away from alcohol forever.