View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TastyCheez

I'm giving up...

Caffeine!

I am 1m 5d 8h sober from alcohol. I've had my ups and downs and am *extremely* depressed these days. As in debilitating in many cases...might need professional psych help soon.

Anywho...

I've decided to give up caffeine to see if that will help my side effects. Waking up hungover, lots of chronic body aches I've never had before, always thirsty, tired, tired, oh and very tired all the time. My brain feels fried and I have a very hard time spitting out coherent sentences. I'm an absolute utter mess.

Hopefully no caffeine will help...yay for more withdrawals! I usually drink 2-3 diet pepsis a day and 2 diet rockstars too. Hell...I'll stop drinking diet stuff too. Water and water derivatives only! No more aspartame. I need to nip this lethargy before it causes me to do something drastic to myself...I'm deep in a rabbit hole and need to get out before I die down here.

So..all you folks, any advice on kicking caffeine? Tomorrow will be day 1 of no caffeine or artificial sweeteners.

I hate drinking plain water but enjoy sparkling water, and flavored waters. The last time I did the caffeine kick many years ago I caved with iced tea saying that it was healthy for me...pfft one thing led to another and I ended up with 8 tea bags for a single glass, that stuff was like acidic mud but it was delicious! Then I cut to the harder energy drinks. So total abstinence is key for this.