View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BringingBackB
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Thanks for all the support guys

Day 5.

Late to check in today. We've had a power cut all day so I've not been able to access my usual support on here and smart, so I've found it quite difficult.

On top of that I had to build flat pack furniture with my family which is stressful at the best of times! Add no shower, lights etc to that and it put me in a bit of a funk!

It's come back now so here I am. Missed my SMART meeting this morning because of it (it's an online one). It really makes you realise how much we take it for granted.

But definite triggers today. The frustration of that and then my family arguing with each other about how best they should build this and that would definitely usually cause me to drink. I think I have used the time wisely though and I will be completing my SMART homework tonight whilst reading up some more about it. Not long until I can have a nice bath and chill out for the evening!

I've been thinking about my drinking/ mental health issues and and general life alot today and I have realised that for the past 5 or so years I have constantly been living on the 'red line'.

Thomas11 above - you are so spot on.

I always seem to be at the point of combustion, which is why this has to change. I seem to have been so worn out and unhappy for so long, which drinking has played a huge part in.

It's a fine line to tread for me between the different issues but let's focus on getting on the right track. It's definitely time to have some stability in my life and put my entire wellbeing first for once, however hard that may be at first.

I will do it, even with stressful days like today, I'll do it. Quite honestly, bring on this addictions professional appointment on wednesday!