View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Do not allow yourself to be dismissed. Make certain that you are heard. Do not hold back in detailing your struggles in order to save face.

Ok so back to that. I had that first part down, and the second. But definitely not the third. Much as I tried, inevitably the right words would never come out. In fact I would have some kind of weird nervous reaction where I would end up talking about the latest match of whatever sport instead.

The fact that I am not drinking now should definitely help. The work I have been doing in the Adult Children forum should definitely definitely help, as thats what I have been struggling with this whole time. Intellectualising my lifelong emotional struggles, we have done something great here.

I guess I am worried guys that there will be nobody to hear that plight. Or that they mightn't understand. Or that they may question my sincerity, or blame me for things that happened when I was a child and so on. You can't hide from yourself, and I am really ready to let people in and help me out.