View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Yup. The AV is cunning like that. Just imagine you're dealing with something that will do ANYTHING to get what it wants.

In my personal experience, I find trying to ignore it makes it louder. It just worked harder to be heard. Read up on Urge Surfing. That's helpful with dealing with an unreasonable AV.

Now...in case you don't know....the more we try NOT to think of something, the more we do. The more we try to focus on just ONE thing, the more we get distracted.

Use that in your favor. I liked talking to my AV. I let it say all it wanted to say and I listed intently to to it. Then it was my turn. I would play that tape forward which never ended well. I would then play the tape forward if I didn't do it and the ending was always better.

It's also very helpful to get a pen and paper then write. Write what ever is in your mind. Even if its "I want a drink" 50 times in a row. If it's in your mind, write it down. Doesn't have to make sense. The goal is to fill 3 pages of notes. Anything at all. Just keep writing.

When done, you'll find your mind is purged of the thoughts that are unproductive and replaced by the more positive thoughts that were taking 2nd seat.