View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
amp123

Nice post, Swim! I think it's both you and Cauliflower coming up to 90 tomorrow? It's interesting and worthwhile to have a think back to how we were feeling the few days before day 1 as it graphically illustrates just how far we've come.

Good to hear the new job is going well Inc. You're right when you say you need to cut yourself some slack. Years of chaos may take more than 3 months to straighten out but you are doing so well.

I think it was Cauliflower who posted some time ago about making lists. I've taken to doing this and have found it very empowering. Not sure if this is exactly how Cauliflower said to do it but what I do is write a list of all the things that are bothering me and then cross out all the ones that I can do nothing about. Next to the remaining items I write down at least one positive act (no matter how small) I can carry out that day regarding that issue. In this way I've felt I've been making tangible inroads into what have sometimes appeared to be insurmountable obstacles. Often problems that have appeared to be real monsters have been tamed with relative ease. Strange how one positive act can lead to another.

That's just another technique I've learned from this group which has made my life better.

Keep on keeping on, as Zab (104 days!!!) would say