View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
amp123

Yay! Inc and I turn 90 today!

Just thinking back to day 1.

90 days ago this would have felt impossible. I was going through one of those periods of disgust and self-loathing, quitting every morning and drinking again by the evening, but 20th April was different. I went out for a long run along the beach to clear my head (which needed a significant amount of clearing after the previous day's all day beer and wine session). I ran for miles till I was far from the town and all the people and I looked back down the beach towards the city where I live. Everything was fresh, crisp and perfectly defined and suddenly I really knew it could be different.

When I got home I had a shower and revived my SR account. That's when I began to meet all of you. I'd like to say how thankful I am to each of you, and to a lot of people who sadly aren't posting anymore.

I've been through a series of massive work crisis, bereavement, and a personal crisis during this short (but oh, so significant) time and it is solely because of each of you that I am still here.

There's so much I'd like to express but everything I seem to come up with falls short. Suffice it to day that I consider you all my sober family and I wish you all a magnificent sober Sunday!