View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
poppyon

A good friend of mine dated a heroin user. She knew of his use and stayed with him, even when he was actively using right in front of her. She left him when she realized it was only getting worse and that her love couldn't conquer his addiction. Talking with her yesterday, we both aligned stories about the "clingyness". She is definitely scarred from that relationship and I can tell she is rightfully jaded and very set because her personal experience with it led to a failed relationship. I guess I was just seeking other individuals who have dealt with a loved one that is or has used. and looking for the silver lining that it is possible he is being honest about being clean.

The first 5 months of dating we hung out with my friends and our families. Once my schedule became very busy instead of staying in his room before work since he works later at night... He started picking up their offers to grab food and what not. Prior to meeting me 3 people in his life overdosed scaring him immensely. he was only smoking pot for the 6 months before we met, slipping one pill.

Am I genuinely an idiot to believe he has enough self control around these guys?