View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys, I messed up and drank again, so it's back to day one for me.
So mad at myself, mainly for hurting my family, but also very grateful it was only one day of drunkenness and didn't turn into a week or month long binge.
I prayed to be able to stop and something out there helped that happen, so thankfully today I'm just hungover with no desire to drink more (I was the type that drank all through the night and carried on the next morning to avoid a hangover, so I'm so grateful to not be doing that right now

Feeling pretty low, I wish it never happened, but I can't change that now and I'm trying hard to stop myself expecting my family to just go back to normal like it never happened - a bad habit of mine is wanting to fix everything instantly and I know that's not fair to the people I've let down so I'm really trying to avoid that
Just so mad at myself
Thanks for being here guys
It's ok to be mad at yourself. But, use that anger to strengthen your resolve for the future rather than allowing it to drag you into a dark place. You've made great progress immri and you displayed a high degree of bravery coming here and telling us all the truth. You can do this immri, you have to believe that.