View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JerryFish

2 Weeks and 2 Days

Today I'm at 2 weeks and 2 days. Had a difficult moment yesterday that I got through and I'm so happy now. Waking up still sober, on my day off, it's wonderful! I slept really well and decided to make this a "lazy day" to relax. I have no obligations and I'm going to wander around, just relaxing. Doing what I want. It's the perfect way to reward myself for staying sober. Especially since I noticed that the past 2 weeks were a little more stressful than I was aware of at the times.

So I just crawled out of bed. I woke up and ended up staying in bed for an hour, just relaxing and enjoying the comfort.

Something changed yesterday, I feel it. I got triggered heavily but snapped out of it. And since I did, I still feel different. I feel free from it and unattached to it. It's not part of my life. I simply don't drink. No big deal, I'm just someone who doesn't drink.

That has freed up a lot of energy and attention because in the past few weeks it wasn't on my mind a lot consciously, but it was still there on a subtle level without me being aware of it. Now I see that that has diminished and I expect it to go away gradually.

So today is a fresh start as well. It feels like it.

I feel so much better now. The detox is over. My brain is still recovering but that is going well. I am more focused and clear. Things aren't so hard to do anymore. Before even small chores would feel really heavy to do. Now that's back to normal.

I look better too. Healthier. Happier. No, actually I should say happy. When I was drinking I was miserable. Now I feel much better.

Thanks so much to everyone. This place is crucial for me getting and staying sober.

Now I'm going to be lazy for the rest of the day.