View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Mango blast

A little more thought on this. It's taken 1 1/2 years of me working my recovery before I'm starting to see much more of what's going on within myself. I wasn't ready before. I'm needing to release these things in my own time, as my body, mind and soul are ready to deal with them.

My husband has only recently been able to start to face what he's put us through. He has now apologized in a much more meaningful way than ever before, but neither of us are ready to delve into those things too deeply right now, and I have truly forgiven him and don't need to. I'm okay with moving forward.

It's okay for you to NOT be okay with moving forward. Your feelings matter and you have a right to have your pain be acknowledged by your husband. Whether he's able or willing to face that isn't up to you, though. Whether he will ever be willing to look at what he's done and make amends for it remains to be seen. As you continue your own recovery, I do believe you'll find happiness. There are no wrong ways, just options and choices that will open up for you.