Thread: Alcohol in food
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

The problem with cooking with alcohol, and btw I love getting creative in the kitchen, is the fact of having alcohol in my house, that bottle of wine, that bottle of brandy etc etc, so that in itself is not ideal or compatible with the Sober lifestyle I'm trying to create.

The other point on this is being somewhere and eating something with alcohol unintentionally, we can't be beating ourselves up every time we unknowingly consume something with alcohol in it, this extends to medicines, mouth washes etc etc, it may happen without knowing, but the reality is if I'm over at a friend's house and I ask "how did you make that sauce, it's delicious, and the response is oh a few dashes of red wine and drop of brandy!!"

Sure I may not have any more but we have to be sensible about these things in terms of not consciously knowing or consciously trying to drink, compared with the occasion a few Christmases ago when I took 1 bite of a chocolate truffle, immediately tasted the alcohol and discretely spat it out!!