Thread: making friends
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi JOhn, I went back and browsed some of your threads. As some have already mentioned, sounds like loneliness is prevalent in your life and it is something you do not enjoy (at all). I assume being alone a lot led to the drinking. I agree with Carlotta, it is great you found a new friend that you connect with, and enjoy his company, but don't let alcohol ruin it. Sounds like you've fought some tough battles with booze based on other threads. It would be a shame to have it destroy a sparkling new friendship.
Actually, I enjoy being by myself most of the time. I can always find stuff to do. But like just about everybody, it's nice to combine that alone time with hanging out with people. You're right though. The last two times I relapsed, it had to do with doing stuff with other people. Never really thought about it till now. Both situations weren't planned out well. In the past, people loved seeing me because I had the alcohol or drugs. Not to harp on AA, love the place, but I was hoping that just being myself would be enough to connect with some of the people. Apparently just being me isn't attractive enough. I don't think I'm feeling sorry for myself, just gotta face facts or reality. I guess I want company so bad sometimes, I do things I shouldn't do to get it.John