View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Free2B84

Originally Posted by angd1978 View Post
Checking in on the start of day 13. I am forcing myself to go out with a dear friend/co-worker who has been going through her own set of issues this summer. We have stayed on the phone for hours each day growing stronger together, but basically staying away from the outside world. She knows my struggle with alcohol and getting sober, so I am not worried about being tempted to drink. We are supposed to do a bit of shopping for the new school year and go see a movie. I was a little nervous about that but then another old teacher friend invited me to meet up for coffee this afternoon while she's in town. I just felt too overwhelmed to meet up with her too. She's not a drinker. I wish I could do both but I don't feel like I am ready to go back out into a busy, eventful life right now. Ughhhhh I am trying not to feel guilty for turning her down a second time this summer.
I can relate with you soo much! My roommate has a friend that isn't an alcoholic that invites us out on the pontoon boat. I have passed up the past 2 times because I know she will have a few drinks for herself on the boat. Its not her problem that I can't handle drinking, so I can't ask her not to. It sucks but I know it's not a place that I can be on day 11. Thank u for sharing your story & showing me there are people going through the same situations of keeping a distance