View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
DitzyDandelion

Casey yes they seem lovely people. I am sure we have all had times we thought we were terrible people. The closer I get to clear headed the more I can really see how dangerous and unhealthy that relationship was. The alcohol let me believe it was my fault too easily by making me behave in ways that made me feel I deserved it. Now I am out of that toxic situation I should be better set to rebuild. I am a tough cookie really.

Hi sleepie thank you for the kind words. Most people have no idea how bad my drinking got. Perhaps hints, the odd over doing it at family events perhaps. They had no idea about most of what has gone on over the years I ended up pretty shut off. I did finally to turn to people on other issues and have had a lot of support moving out. The pool that know I am struggling with drink is very small but I have been open that I am not drinking anymore. I did announce I no longer drink on facebook a couple of weeks ago. So oops but I was trying to make it stick by saying it.

Hi JL My heart goes out to you hun. It is very difficult when a partner is squashing your sense of control over life. It can make you feel very powerless. Financial stress can be one of the worst and we both know drinking wont solve it. It wont fill the bank account and it wont make you feel better about it all.