View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
martina12

Originally Posted by BobBFree33 View Post
Starting my 13th day of sobriety. Wish I could say I feel all shiny and wonderful, but I don't. But, I do feel hope, and that's good enough for now.

I can relate to everything whiteturtle said. To me, drinking was like being in prison. Trapped, yeah, but I knew that prison very well, every inch of it, all the routines, all the patterns. I knew what to expect.

Sobriety, to me, is like someone opened the jail cell. The outside world is an unknown world, like being in the woods, sorta semi-lost. Their are some half-remembered paths, some familiar places, but, overall, it feels strange and different from the jail cell I was so used to.

But we know we'll find our way and learn to enjoy being free! That's my hope.
I love this too BobBFree, a great analogy...

I took my son to football after work today, normally I would have been itching for a glass of wine. Instead I decided to walk all the way around the park which is quite a long way! It was amazing to see so many people out enjoying themselves playing tennis, jogging, walking dogs, bbq's, playing with the kids, dog walking, just taking a stroll like me etc etc etc.

None of them were drinking and this was after work so tea/dinner time ish. I have been so conditioned for years into thinking that everyone drinks after work. They don't!!!!!

It was really relaxing and I have decided to walk off the stress from work with going for more strolls in the park. You never know, I might even take a pair of trainers and try a little jog here and there

m