View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
sourgrapes

Originally Posted by 4stars View Post
Last year about this time I did the 100-day challenge and actually make it 125 days. Then the holidays hit. "Whats one glass of wine?!" Well, now 7 months later I have many more drinking days than I do sober days and I am just done. I am done.
This is when my last stint fell apart too. I was about 2 months in and feeling better, and seeing all the booze being gifted, drunk at parties, I started to get jealous and convinced myself I could do that too. I didn't immediately go back to alcoholic drinking, but it was a slippery slope.

Starting day 2 here.

Last night was interesting, I was dreading going to sleep because I knew how frustrating it would be. Sure enough I feel like I could only stay down for ~30 mins at a time, but at the same time in a way enjoyed seeing it was still dark out and rolling back over 20-odd times. Maybe because had I drank the morning and hangover would have come as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Alcohol made 2 appearances in 2 separate 'daydreams' (which is what they felt like with no deep sleep). One was a vision of the usual 1/3 of a fifth of bourbon or wine that would be left in the morning, which I'd dutifully inspect so I could gauge when I needed to get more, the other was some friends stocking up for a party at the store. My reaction wasn't longing for a drink, but "oh no!", and had to remind myself this morning that I made it a day.

Last time I went sober for a couple months I had the same thing lasting a week or two. It took a while to stop literally my first thought on waking being that I drank and have to suffer through another hangover to get to the next one.