View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
PennyLane76

Morning, Day 3 again and also had drinking dream, weird to remember dreams now. Same 3 am wakeup and tried to get up and do things vs trying to become calm and go back to sleep, not sure what the best strategy is yet. In this dream I was offered a toast in celebration and when I drank this toast which I thought was tea, I became very warm, joyful , felt healed. It was like eating lembas from LOTR. I asked the host what was this wonderful tea and he said it was whiskey (gag). I became sick , devastated and disgusted. I'm glad my brain is not imaginative as so far my dreams have been pretty direct . AV trying to fool me in my sleep, what a jerk!!

SO even though it's a day full of anxiety normally , being a work meeting, I'm looking forward to coming home and opening up my weekly recipe and food delivery and learning to cook again, rather than rushing home to pound down a bottle of wine or more before my husband gets home. The cost for 2 delicious healthy meals is less than I was spending on wine at the store.

Nervous, exhausted, but very resolved and happy ? daresay as I know I will not drink today. We are all experiencing different withdrawals, emotions , etc getting sober, it helps to know others have experience getting thru it. had no clue about nightmares or drinking dreams before reading about them here. Not sure if the one beer monday night set me back on physical withdrawals as it seems sleep issues, anxiety hang on a bit for some, but certainly Im ticked its Day 3 not 8.

Hang in there all!