View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
DaSilverSurfer

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I was beat Silver Surfer mrs sw got sick of coming home to me passed out so she moved out, i was constantly sick & vomiting blood i had no one i was on my own in a burnt out bedroom no internet no money no friends it was horrific

The reason i say this is to stress how bad i wanted to be sober i was willing to do anything if i carried on i wouldnt have lasted much longer

I started going to AA meetings, i went to group therapy 3-4 times a week which really helped, i had acceptance, i was constantly journalling, i was accepted on & passed 2 short college courses in plastering & floorlaying, i always reached out if i felt like drinking i would ring up my sponser & say im having cravings, i made the effort of reconnecting with my family always visiting them & always going the extra mile to get to that good tired

The stuff i learned in meetings will stay with me for life

I found SR at around 13 months last august & i truly believe this is the best resource for recovery hands down it is a phenomenal site for recovery

If i can ever help Surfer just drop a msg bud
WOW!!! First, I want to thank you for taking the time to summarize your story. Sounds like it was some heavy stuff SW, looks like you really hit a "bottom" It's great to see that God intervened in your life and gave your the courage and the tools to make a change and it has.

My situation is not as dire as your's was before you had to make that change. As i stated in my earlier post, I don't want my bottom to have to be that to see that I need a change, that is a long way to travel back from, and I'm glad you were able too. I know and see many stories that don't end with the success you have and I don't want to be one of them. I'm making the change now, I've always known I needed too but have been to prideful to accept that I have to commit to it or the same results will occur and I'm not happy with that at this juncture of my life.

Thanks again for sharing your story and more importantly, congratulations to you for your contribution and service here and to 2 years and counting of sobriety. Looking to follow your example SW