View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sobriiestote

Originally Posted by Porcha View Post
Thank you all for your advice. I've went beyond embarrassed and into mortified now. I cannot believe I could ever do that to a friend dde11 I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, need to bite the bullet and be completely honest about my drinking habits. From what I've gathered the first step is to admit something is wrong to myself, doesn't matter how much I tell others if I can't admit to myself it will never work! Since the kids are on break I'll start exercises tomorrow, walking is the best start I think. I'm hoping the fact I am not drinking daily is good and hopefully will make it slightly easier in the long run.
If I were you I would type a memoir of what you remember of that night, what you were told the next day, and then how you felt. Go into as much hideous detail as possible. Save it with password protection so you and you only can look back at it if u need to... I have done similar things, offended long term friends, done things I would NEVER do sober, but time takes the edge off the horror of the situations. Capture the horror now and then refer back to it if you need to. Good luck : ))))

Btw, I'm still drinking daily ( not daytime ) but "tapering" so I'm in no better place than you, lol x