View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bern

Feeling down and dreading family meeting

I have been having a good streak for the past month or so of feeling, well, normal. I found a new therapist who has been amazing. Since I started working with her about 6 weeks ago, I have felt hope for the first time in a really, really long time. It feels really good.
The past week has been rough. Nothing specific, just feeling blah and kinda down.
My sister is in long-term treatment right now (will be in for another 3 months or so) and we have a family meeting on Sunday. This will be the first time I have seen her since Mother's Day. I am actually not nervous to see her - it's my whole family, especially my dad, who is an active alcoholic (but nobody in our family talks about it. Well, except me, which is why I have been feeling so alienated, etc. Scapegoat, at your service!)
Anyway, I will be seeing my therapist tonight, which will be really helpful as I prepare for the family meeting. I am hoping the funk lifts soon. Part of what works me is reaching out and telling someone how I feel...so that's what I'm doing.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Hugs!