Thread: Authenticity VI
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Wow. Chapter VI. And, like the Super Bowl, it has Roman numerals. This thread should last as long as the Super Bowl, and Robby and Melissa should be here to enjoy it all.

Reminds me of when I was an actor, when I was very young. I played the James Caan role, George Schneider, in Neil Simon's Chapter Two. It was so Off-Broadway that I was concerned that I'd need a pass-port to get to the theater. (I wrote 'pass-port' because the censor wouldn't allow the usual spelling of the word. Go figure.) Most of the roles I got had remarkable parallels to my own life, either things to come or things that had already happened.

I have to say, Robby, that there's something of a bizarre element for me in your going to visit Melissa's new home. Like a dream sequence or a flashback/flashforward in a movie. Then again, this whole thread has shaken me for some time. I know this is not about me, but I do believe that it's become about you, Melissa, me and everyone else here who contributes, who have been touched by you, and who are thus changed by the experience.

The sharing here remains exquisite and, as I've commented in private, it sometimes takes its toll. Though it's often disturbing in ways that "make sense" to me, it can still be disconcerting, a compilation of existential moments with no satisfying resolution. I can only imagine what this is like for you and Melissa.

When we're open to it, we find love in the strangest places.