View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Plath

This day is becoming stressful, and full of triggers.

Not drinking will probably be a challenge today, but I'm happy that at least my husband knows what I'm doing, and is really supportive of it (in the sense that he's been wanting me to quit for a while).

Having some accountability in my immediate environment is super helpful.

I'm hormonal, and being around my mom and extended family for this long is a huge stressor for me. I basically don't agree with the way that my family thinks about most things, and I never have (hence the moving a healthy distance from them when I was 22 years old). Having to be around them for extended periods has never been productive for me in any way.

So I'm going to do everything I can to find other beverages that feel like a relaxing treat throughout the day and evening, as that does seem to help.
I suppose I'll have to sort out my family stuff after I'm able to physically get further away from them.

Apologies if these posts are becoming tedious and/or repetitive. However, if I don't blurt this crap out somewhere, it will easily give me an excuse to drink.

I know it can be exasperating when people can't seem to get past something, but I'm sort of stuck with this irritant for right now, and I don't have a therapist at the moment. So you guys are my stand-ins, lol. You're welcome.