Old 07-11-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
TroyW

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Great question Troy! If we ask it everyday then maybe we leave the house with a different point of view right?
Thanks! And yes, you're completely right.

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
You are basically asking if there is still hope in this angry world. YES. Yes there is.
Honestly, not so much. I was actually just reflecting on my own actions, then thought of everyone I knew back home, then compared that to my current Asian neighbors. I was just wondering how other Westerners compared, and it looks like pretty good.

I'm sorry though, but I have to say, I think the Asians have us beat hands down when it comes to building a society. It struck me, I'm probably viewed as some selfish Westerner. They've all been beyond friendly and generous, and I haven't really done much of anything.

Ok, I did like you do one time -- I cooked a huge batch of Chinese beef & broccoli stir-fry, and handed it around, which seems to have went over well. Nonetheless, that's nothing compared to what they've done for me, and they don't think anything of it. That's just the way things work here.

They realize a community is only as strong as its weakest link, so for example, there are no homeless people here. You can go anywhere in this country, and you will not see a homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk.

Not sure what the point of this is. Need to put myself out there, and help more, I guess. Get myself involved more.