Thread: My nightcap...
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

I could say I forgot how amazing the support and fellow spirits here are...but that would be a lie. I didn't. And thanks dwtb and Venecia for noting that reclaiming dignity and decorum is not perhaps a future thing but is an actual thing one chooses or claims when they choose sobriety.

I'm house sitting in town this weekend which is perfect since I am very close to available wifi for day 6 and 7 back in sobertown. It's lovely to be back. Moving into my own place was both a blessing and a curse. I absolutely love living out in nature...words can't express how much I do..but it was the first place of my own in a few years. It wasn't my boyfriend's or my mother's or my sisters..it was mine. I felt like a teenager whose parents went away on vacation...and I decided to do whatever the hell I wanted with the intention of it being...hmmmm... a week or so. Ya...we all know how that goes.

Anyhow, the sun is shining and I'm darn happy to be here (compliments of McDonald's wifi today lol)...bright eyed and bushy tailed. Well..hey there's one things about wifi being so darn precious...it gets a girl out of the house!!! There are a couple of hotel bars around that offer free wifi....previously when I wanted to use my laptop while out and about...it was awfully easy to justify just stopping for a bite and a glass of wine or two or 3. ..which is incidentally waaaaaaay more expensive than a coffee and a muffin.

No wonder I went through my "sobriety savings" so quickly!