View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, I'm feeling a little better this morning. I think a good night's sleep helped. I might still lay around all day, the workweek took a lot out of me. The thought of a walk gives me a shot of panic, but I may load up on anxiety meds and do it anyway. F you, bipolar, I still have a life, you know.

Some healthy food would be a good plan too. Depression sometimes makes me crave carbs (they increase serotonin), so I have decimated the animal cracker population. Not really helping the brilliant weight loss plan. I'll send my husband to the store for some fruit.

Mark - way to keep up appearances. If a bar was open, I was at it. My husband and I never boarded a plane without at least a double first. Then I'd sneak another while he was in the bathroom. Maybe one more. Toward the end I got a lot of concerned looks from bartenders and other patrons, but I didn't care, the drink was way more important than what anyone thought of me. No good.

Conquest - thanks for posting that. I think I'll do that little writing assignment. That would be extra good for me right now. I'm actually thinking of turning my journal into a gratitude journal because regular journaling isn't doing me any good, I tend to focus on negative stuff and wander that direction even when I start on something positive. I essentially quit journaling when I went into rehab. My idea is a gratitude journal and a separate one strictly for stories about my daughter. It looks like a big project to me right now, but I know when I'm well it's totally doable and would be fun.

I need to make invitations for my daughter's birthday party. It will be August 22nd. Her birthday is the 21st, and mine is the 23rd, so mine gets totally eclipsed by hers, but that's fine with me.

So today has the potential to go well and be reasonably productive. That is my goal. I hope you all have a good Saturday.