Thread: My nightcap...
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

My nightcap...

5th sober day coming to a close. After work tonight...my coworker asked if I wanted a glass of wine. Yup, I sure did..but I chose not to. So on my way home I stopped off at a local coffee shop for a strawberry banana smoothie (mostly so I could use their free wifi lol..but the shake is good!) So this is how I will wind down my day....

My AV was trying to tell me that the glass of wine after work is never usually the problem as I often have one or two and that's that...then go home to bed (sometimes not though).. anyhoo.. it was giving me a good arguement. And that's the problem I have, it might be one tonight and tomorrow night...but on my day off Sunday... my plans might include nothing better than getting hammered and accomplishing nothing....or worse getting myself in all kinds of the trouble I have been lately.

I just discovered when I picked up my phone after shift, that one of those problems just sent six text messages while I was at work..and called....wanted me to join him at a local watering hole.

Well..that was a good enough reminder as to why I am choosing to forgo the after work wine in favour of a strawberry banana smoothie.

Good Lord I'm looking forward to reclaiming my dignity and decorum.

As I said in another post, God Bless "Tim Horton's..and their free wifi".