View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
IF THIS HELPS JUST ONE PERSON , ITS WORTH BEING GRAPHIC

I have just experienced & am still experiencing the worst hangover of my life.

Thinking I could moderate drinking after 2 years of sobriety was an absolute lie I told myself.

Just think before you pick up that first drink , what could be awaiting you tomorrow and yes even the day after!

The waking then sussing out how bad you are going to feel.
Yep , I knew instantly it was gonna be bad .

The griping pain , diarreah, dry vomitting on and off all day long , no respite.
Impending doom , with the heart pumping so hard it pounds upon my pillow & feels like it's gonna burst out of my chest. The restless jumpy legs , the fear I may just lie here & die as it feels like that anyhow.
Dry mouth , more horribly gripey bowel pains, more diarreah .The desperation to just sleep it off knowing that sleep will be elusive. Time goes so slow, it's excruciating.

ITS DISGUSTING . I should have known this was coming. I just kept pushing it that bit further!

& the very worst part . My Mum & Dad dropped in for an impromptu visit ! Why today , oh god why !

I look like crap. I had to come up with another lie , I love them dearly but desperately needed them to leave me to my suffering.

ITS JUST NOT WORTH THIS AGONY :-(

no matter how far along we get into our sobriety or if we are newly into it , always take yourself back to how your worst hangover.

NO MORE !

Today is my lesson , tomorrow is my new life

Xxx
Hi Snoozy,

Your two years still inspire me. I had a little over 30 days and have slipped back to drinking again. After a very intense work situation the past two days I have found myself drinking. I will be starting again tomorrow at day one. I really appreciate your honesty on here, it helps.