Thread: Authenticity V
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
My own habitual, default reaction in such a situation (also in much less severe and definitive stressful situations) would most likely to be one of isolation -- something I've been working on for a good while but the old pattern is still with me and surfaces often.
If I didn't agree w/Rob that isolation for me is necessary, I'd still be going to AA meetings every day, and I'd be tearing my hair out LOL. There's healthy isolation to digest perceptions and build concepts. There's unhealthy isolation based in fear and shame. Pretty easy to tell the difference, wouldn't you think?

But -- it's funny how sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
.... in the end I thought I would be a fool to discard all this simply driven by some frustrations about my obsessiveness. Maybe it's the obsessiveness that brought me back also, but I see this here as a good one
I've been here for 2.5 years. Hardly missed a day. Haven't missed a day in 13 months, I think. A lot of posts -- not Dee league, but poor Dee has read a lot of them All I think about it is, am I better off now than I was in October, 2012? Hell yes. Enough said.

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
I think if she allows you to help her through losing you that would be great. Maybe it will make her think that dad actually might know his stuff. I have had people tell me things and it didn't click until years later.
^^^yes! You never know who you touch or how. All you can do is what you believe is most right, and hope that the person or people on the other end of the line receive what's offered in a way that helps them, some day.